Sunday 14 November 2010

CCP Lovechild

Quick post this time.

Logging on today, I just intended to change skills. However, having a quick look through the area revealed a small neutral gang hanging around stargates. After checking employment histories, they all seemed relatively old, but with several having the grand title of "Miner Associate" I figured they would be inexperienced. This would later prove to be the case. Their fleet consisted of:
  • Megathron
  • Hyperion
  • Drake
  • Prophecy
  • Cyclone
  • Imperial Navy Slicer
  • Cormorant
After trying multiple times to separate the Slicer or the Cormorant away from the rest of their gang in my Wolf, I was unsuccessful but managed to get aggression from all of them, allowing me to return fire on them for the next 15 minutes on stargates without the deadly sentry guns opening up on me. Racing back to Hevrice, I swapped my Wolf to a Shield Harbinger. Hurrying back to Aeschee, I saw their gang jump into Ladistier. Using my alt in a Cheetahdesignation Mjöllnir, I was able to watch them burn back to the gate, obviously waiting for me to jump into them.

As I was preparing to do so, Burntime, a famous PvPer jumped into them also and started engaging in his Tempest. Following his example, I did the same, luckily still having aggression against their entire fleet. Burning away from both Burntime's Tempest and the enemy gang, I immediately started firing on their support, bringing their Cormorant to half structure before he jumped back into Aeschee, along with their Slicer. At the same time, Burntime vaporised the Cyclone. As the enemy gang warped off or jumped back into Aeschee, we only managed to snag their Drake.

The Drake, a deadly foe
After chasing their remaining ships around Ladistier, they moved onto Old Man Star, a den of pirates whilst Burntime logged off. After finding them on the high security stargate in Old Man Star, I was struck with how to get them to aggress me again; their original aggression timer of 15 minutes had long since finished. After warping in at different ranges in an attempt to get them to fire on me, I tried something a corpmate suggested.

Nova Blackadder > Anything going on tonight?
Suleiman Shouaa > Was trying to solo a noob BS/BC gang
Suleiman Shouaa > Burntime had the same idea, so we killed a few then the rest ran
Anxiir > lol
Nova Blackadder > heh
Suleiman Shouaa > And now they're hugging a high sec gate
Causticum > off to bed, night guys
Nova Blackadder > bah wish I could help you out there Sule
Nova Blackadder > gn Caus
Suleiman Shouaa > I wish they would shoot me
Suleiman Shouaa > Trying to figure out a way I can get them to aggress me
Suleiman Shouaa > Without getting within 5km of the BS
Suleiman Shouaa > Think I will try the jump through when they shoot me
Nova Blackadder > did you try the old "eject 1 ammo in a can" then rename it to you and fire it so they see that Suleiman is firing at "You", trick?
Suleiman Shouaa > Nope
Suleiman Shouaa > That sounds pretty sneaky.
Nova Blackadder > doesnt always work but sometimes it does. Always worth a shot
Suleiman Shouaa > True
Suleiman Shouaa > Well, if that fails
Suleiman Shouaa > I might risk the high sec jump through
Suleiman Shouaa > Its only a 0.5...
But even that didn't work! I decided to try my last resort: warp to the Villore stargate at 0km, wait until they all have aggressed me, jump into Villore, warp off the Old Man Star stargate before I get scrambled by the Faction Police (they don't like -10.0 sec status pirates) , turn around and warp back to the Old Man Star stargate at 0km, jump back into Old Man Star, burn away from the Villore stargate and see if I can kill anything. Sounds tricky right? And this is before you consider the fact that if there just happened to be a neutral on the other side of the stargate with a Warp Disruptor, I would be incredibly screwed.

I tried it anyway.

Thankfully, the plan went according to plan until I landed back on the Old Man Star stargate. Waiting for me was a small Gallente FW gang with several Battleships, a HAC as well as a Taranis. Jumping back into Old Man Star, I successfully managed to burn away from the stargate, taking the Slicer to half structure before he managed to warp off. However, I nailed the Cormorant, turned around once I was 100km from the stargate and attempted to kill the Eagle that was following me. Unfortunately, he had quite a sturdy tank so I was forced to disengage before my capacitor ran low. As I stayed aligned in my near-safe to the Villore gate, I was chatted to in local by the Cormorant's buddies.

Vladimir Draco > Suleiman Shouaa r u CCP's lovechild?
Suleiman Shouaa > ?
Vladimir Draco > it appear u r immune to gate guns and concord, well done bro
Vladimir Draco > respect
Suleiman Shouaa > What are you talking about?
Suleiman Shouaa > This is low sec, there is no concord.
Vladimir Draco > u went to high numb nutz
Suleiman Shouaa > Yep.
Suleiman Shouaa > But I didn't have gcc.
Suleiman Shouaa > Perhaps you should stay in high sec til you figure out the difference between agression & gcc
Vladimir Draco > -10
Vladimir Draco > killed in any high
Suleiman Shouaa > Yes, the faction police don't like me.
Suleiman Shouaa > concord tolerate me unless if I have gcc.
Suleiman Shouaa > Perhaps you should brush up on your knowledge of timers
Vladimir Draco > ok, I will put u in the WTF category

Suleiman Shouaa == Love Child?!

Now considering Low sec is considered to be CCP's "Ignored Child" compared to 0.0, High Security and Wormhole space, I find it quite amusing that I am CCP's Love Child. Wonder if this means I can shop in Jita without Faction Police going crazy? Only one way to find out....