Sunday 31 October 2010

A Glimpse at Chaos

When playing Eve, I often find myself listening to the same songs, as they seem to...fit. Below are a few highlights, in no particular order:


Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
Devil May Cry 4 Soundtrack - Shall Never Surrender
Emiya - Kenji Kawai ver
Ready Steady Go - L'Arc En Ciel
Lost Prophets - Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja
Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Pendulum - Witchcraft
Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
The Script - The Man who can't be Moved
Skankfunk - Sky-2-High
Sum 41 - No Reason
Super Smash Bros Melee - Mute City Theme
TobyMac - Ignition

Of course, the song I am listening to depends on what exactly I am doing. For example, if I am raiding a wormhole, the songs I seem to be drawn towards are Knights of Cydonia as well as The Man who can't be Moved, as wormhole PvP is mostly waiting, building up tension and then a sudden release. Therefore, songs that slowly build up to their climax tend to mesh well, providing a perfect harmony of destruction & music.

Artwork for the single, Knights of Cydonia
In times when I am already involved in brutal PvP against another gang or solo, a louder song is more appropriate, with a much higher tempo. For these situations, I turn to No Reason and Ignition to get into the groove.

Artwork for Chuck, the Album containing No Reason

 So the question is this, what do you listen to when PvPing?